Our experience and prowess in IP litigation gives us an undeniable advantage in complex business disputes. This competitive edge is how we’ve built a reputation as a premier Texas commercial litigation boutique.
Our commercial litigation practice group can handle virtually every type of dispute that could arise from operating a business. We represent companies, business leaders, and entrepreneurs in contract, business tort, fraud, any many other types of commercial cases. Our practice is national in scope and our litigators win cases regardless of the industry.
Our tight-knit trial team is lean and experienced. We thrive on making complicated things simple, and craft compelling arguments in language judges and juries easily digest. We are never outworked and fiercely advocate for clients no matter the dispute and no matter the stakes. Trial is our passion, and our opponents take notice.
While we take pride in our trial team, we appreciate litigation, and ultimately trial, is not always the best answer. To that end, we work with our clients to avoid the courtroom when possible, using our trial capabilities as an ever-present threat that often results in more favorable settlements for our clients.
Whether we go to trial, settle, or just make the problem go away, what matters most is getting the best result for our clients. We are dedicated to gaining a deep understanding of what our clients do and what they expect and need from us. We are not only our clients’ trial lawyers, but also their strategic business partners.
As a boutique firm, clients benefit from our targeted focus, lean and experienced team, and highly personalized service. We concentrate solely on IP litigation, commercial litigation, and IP prosecution and counseling, making our lawyers well versed in these areas. We staff cases with tight-knit teams of highly experienced lawyers, reducing waste and inefficiencies. And all clients—big or small—receive an individualized experience from a team that is personally invested in their success.
Contact us to learn more about our commercial litigation practice and to schedule a meeting with one of our commercial litigators.
Commercial Litigation Services
Our lawyers’ representative commercial litigation experience includes:
- Obtaining favorable settlement for Hollywood actor in $60 million breach of contract suit by former business partner.
- Defending nationwide affinity program in multi-million-dollar lawsuit by a state government claiming First Amendment and other constitutional violations.
- Securing successful settlement defending manufacturing and recycling companies from seven-figure environmental contamination claims brought by former neighboring distribution center.
- Representing Texas bank in bank fraud lawsuit against borrower and guarantors on $30 million note.
- Obtaining $1.5 million jury verdict for investor in federal fraud and breach of contract lawsuit against automotive startup and its founders.
- Obtaining voluntary dismissal of multi-billion-dollar class action lawsuits against international provider of integrated financial solutions.
- Defending accounting firm in class action lawsuit and state and federal investigations relating to high-profile fraud claims against media tycoon.
- Obtaining jury verdict and $1 million judgment for Texas-based furniture chain in breach of sublease dispute with national sporting goods chain, which later settled for a confidential amount.
- Securing favorable resolution for seller of air conditioning manufacturing company in $20 million federal non-compete and non-solicitation suit by purchaser.
- Obtaining injunctive relief for family of fallen police officer in high-profile conversion of funds case against municipality, police union, and police charitable organization.
- Achieving successful global resolution for wireless technology company in construction dispute with international airport and subcontractor.
- Obtaining judgment as a matter of law at conclusion of evidence in federal jury trial defeating multi-million-dollar non-compete claims filed by competitor against international entertainment company and band.
- Securing successful settlements for electrical construction company in multiple payment disputes with subcontractors, general contractors, and owners across the country.
- Obtaining favorable settlement for furniture manufacturer in fraud and breach of contract dispute with software developer.
- Securing attorneys’ fees award and dismissal of multi-million-dollar construction lawsuit for electrical construction company.
- Negotiating favorable settlement for Texas-based non-profit police support organization in federal suit against charitable arm of police union.
- Favorably resolving dozens of contract disputes for international entertainment company.
- Negotiating favorable settlement on the eve of trial in contract dispute between wireless pager technology company and Polish software developer.
- Representing gambling addiction centers investor in federal suit against founder for fraud and mismanagement of funds.
- Negotiating favorable settlement for partner in event rentals company in fraud and fiduciary dispute with partner.
- Representing buyer, national toxicological lab services provider, in multi-million-dollar dispute against seller related to valuation after acquisition of seller’s labs.
- Obtaining favorable settlement for purchaser of private plane in federal DTPA and breach of warranty dispute with engine overhauler.
- Representing large online clothing retailer in ADA website compliance lawsuit, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Representing non-profit foundation dedicated to fight against sexual violence in fraud and misuse of charitable funds case against restricted grant recipient.
- Representing international entertainment company in competitor and departing employee lawsuits.
- Representing global dietary and nutritional supplement company in contract dispute with manufacturer.
- Defending former board member in four-day arbitration hearing against breach of contract and tortious interference claims brought by national direct sales company.
- Obtaining TRO for national auto collision repair company in lawsuit against former executive for breach of non-solicitation agreement.
- Representing airline employee in employment discrimination suit against national airline.
- Obtaining favorable settlement for Texas mortgage lender in multi-state litigation brought by competitor alleging breaches of non-solicitation agreements.
- Representing large municipality in multi-million-dollar franchise fee dispute with national cable television company.
- Obtaining summary judgment for national furniture retailer in defense of suit by short-term rental operator for breach of contract and DTPA claims.
Aside from traditional hourly fee arrangements, we offer several types of alternative fee arrangements for select cases.